Voting

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"Story time"

Lately I've started doing what we call "story time" at 12:30 after lunch right before Sophie goes down for her nap. I've always read Gavin stories before his nap and before bed, but now that he doesn't take a nap and Sophie does, I decided to read to them both at once so neither one misses out. I have fond memories of summer afternoons lying on the front room floor with all my sisters as my mom read to us. Some of my favorites were Little Women, Little House on the Prairie, The Little Princess, and The Secret Garden. I love reading with my kids and I know they love it too. I often find them having their own "story time" led by Gavin.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ruthanne said...

Sooooo cute! I just miss them so much it hurts, thats all I can say!

Coleen Ure said...

I'm trying to follow your example and multi task with our story time too! Even though Suzy is so young she likes stories. It looks like they love their story time. It's a good habit to have as part of your day.