Voting

Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

We heard Gavin get out of bed Christmas morning and run down the hall, and then run back to our room. He excitedly jumped into our bed and cried "He came, he came!! I peeked and he came and he brought me a new bike!". We woke Sophie up and she acted as if she knew what this was all about and took to playing with everything right away. We loved how she would say "OHHHH" after each present was opened. She and Gavin made Christmas so fun and magical for us this year.



















Don't even try to stop her from doing everything her brother does!




New "kill guns"!

















Sweet bedhead!




Gav so excited to give me my present. It was a jewelry box, I love it! I've been hinting for years that I would love one, yahoo!




I can't believe how big my baby looks here!














This picture is awesome- classic Darren bedhead! I love that he still can't quite open his eyes yet.



Ok to be fair, here's a just woke up shot of me and excited Gav.








Sophie giving Bev loves.




Gav's been wanting an "Arrow shootin' thing like the Lamanites" for some time now.




Gavin's becoming quite the photographer!















I have a picture of Laura & Tom @ my mom & dad's that I can't seem to upload, but if I to figure it out, it'll go right here :)

We go to my parents' house Christmas morning for breakfast which was my Grandma's & Mom's famous waffles, eggs & ham. It was a lot quieter than usual for my family on Christmas. Ruthanne's in Texas now and Coleen went to St. George to be with Seth's family, Karen's on her mission, and James had to go to work. Marie and Andy were there, but somehow they avoided the camera.







Pretty clothes and a baby doll for Sophie from Nana & Pa.






Finally the phone call!! We got to talk to my sister Karen who is serving a mission in Ukraine. Here we have Coleen on one phone and Karen on the other. It was so good to hear Karen's voice. I have been in awe at the way she's humbly served and worked so hard. It was cool to hear her speaking so fast in Russian, amazing! Gavin got too nervous to talk to her which was sad because he'd been talking about talking to her on the phone for months now. He totally remembers her, and understands that she's far away in Ukraine. He also knows that when it gets hot outside she'll be coming back and that Ruru will come too.



Dad talking to both Karen & Coleen. It's amazing that in a way we were all together for Christmas.


We were teasing Darren that he was talking like a robot on the phone (he kind of was :)


Laura and my Mom had Coleen, Karen, and Ruthanne talking together. I loved hearing them all laughing together.



James' cat Biggie Smalls looks way to comfortable.



Sophie


Tom & Laura



Dad


Nana & Gavin




Sophie at Darren's parents house later.

Gavin and Trevor. Gav had two extremes all day either crazy happy or very grumpy. He was also very tired.




Can you guess which one he was here?


My neices are looking all grown up! Eryn, Alison, Kaylee, and Mackenzie. We were laughing because every year we all sit in the same spots around the front room when it's time to open gifts. And there are rules too- one present at a time from youngest to oldest until everyone's done.



Sophie trying to wait her turn, she couldn't get close enough to the gifts.











Ralph, Linda, & Alison.



Can you guess how Gav's feeling now?


Gavin and Keaton helping Sophie open her gift from Grandma & Grandpa Schmidt














We gave Ralph a shirt and a puzzle. He loves puzzles!


Steph & Jay having a good laugh over some distorted pictures they were taking with Jarrett's new toy.



Ralph & Linda


All the girl cousins: Staci, Alison, Sophie, Eryn, Kaylee, and Mackenzie.

2 comments:

Coleen Ure said...

Your Christmas morning looks so magical and fun, I love how even Bev is looking festive! I can't wait to teach Gavin how to ride that bike! he he...:) He's going to love it. Next Christmas should be a little noisier at our house, hopefully we're all there.

Ruthanne said...

I loved all the pictures, I can't believe how big Gav and Sophie are, I cant wait to see them! And you look good for your morning picture, looks like you guys had a great Christmas!