Voting

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy Birthday Darren!

We celebrated Darren's birthday on the 17th this year, a day late because we were all too wiped out to do anything on his birthday. Gavin started vomiting violently the night before Darren's birthday. It was non-stop all night and I ended up taking him to the ER to get hydrated. I had practically made Darren take his birthday off from the Fire dept. in hopes of doing something fun, and I was so grateful that he did! Poor Darren spent his birthday watching the kids while I tried to catch up on sleep. He also got to do fun things like clean puke out of carpets, floors, and sheets. He also did lots of laundry. He did it all without me asking, AND he didn't complain once. What a man, I am so lucky to have him!
Darren originally said the only thing he wanted for his birthday was to take the kids to see Disney on Ice, but his Mom and Dad ended up taking the whole family to it. So the only other thing I could get out of him was that he wanted some Nerf swords to play with the kids with. The three of them had a great time playing Peter Pan and Captain Hook. Oh, and Gavin pretty much thinks they're his. Darren is a great Dad. He enjoys doing anything the kids get excited about.


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

The Merrills said...

Wow! Darren is a good one!! Haha.. I love that he wanted nerf swords! Awesome. Fun! And the cake looks yummalicious!

Coleen Ure said...

Darren's the man. I've said it before, I'll say it again. I bet your kid loved Disney on Ice, or will love it if you haven't been yet. Happy Birthday Dernst!!!!!!!!

Kimbria said...

What a good man. Happy Birthday Darren. Camille you are a great girl so I am glad you have a good husband.

Ruthanne said...

Man, Darren is so awesome, you really lucked out Camille! Happy birthday Darren!