
I was excited to see that it had snowed again. Even after all the snow we got right after Christmas we hadn't made it out to use our new snow tube and Gavin's new sled- so we spent the morning gathering things and bundling everyone up......... Darren takes us to a park in Sandy because weren't sure Murray park would have enough snow. The park in Sandy has a lot of snow, and a HUGE hill...... we get everyone out of the car and blow up the tube...... and Gavin says he needs to go poo-poo........I undress him behind the dumpsters while Darren gets Sophie back in the car to keep warm...........it's a no-go, Gavin says he doesn't need to go anymore, I can't imagine why not.............so I redress him and we all trudge up the steep hill. We get to the top of the hill and Gavin says he needs to go poo-poo again. The wipes are in the car, so Darren heads back down the hill with Gavin while I hang out with Sophie and wait.................



Success! Gavin was able to do the job and they finally make it back up the hill. Meanwhile I've been watching a mom and her young daughter go down the hill on their sled. It looks steep, they kind of fall off at the end. But they're still smiling and laughing and it looks fun. I can't wait for Gavin to try it for the first time...............


Gavin goes down the hill with Darren and they fall off the tube right at the end. He gets snow in his face and is mad. As they're climbing up he's telling me he doesn't want to do that anymore... I beg him and promise that if he goes down with me I'll hold on so tight and we won't crash...... and amazingly he agrees........... We climb on the tube and we're off..............


The hill is so big and so steep that I'm screaming the whole way down, and Gavin's just holding on silently. We hit a bump and FLEW off the tube, skidding on my head for what seemed like a long time... all the while I'm squeezing Gavin and he's holding his breath... I'm thinking he's never going to trust me again! We finally stop and I pick him up- I can't even see his face, it's white... I wipe snow away until I see his eyes and then he lets it all out! The poor kid kept crying "I don't want to do that again!".... Darren comes running down the hill with Sophie and we decide we can call it a day and trudge back to the car, take the wet clothes off, deflate the tube, buckle everyone up, and head home. Who knew having fun could be so much work?
3 comments:
Ha ha poor Gav, I loved reading that. At least you have the memories!
How cute! I love all the pictures! I think everytime we do something fun with the kids, it always ends up differently then we expect too! Oh well - you have to try!
I am alol, and trying not to wake Mayalia up from her nap! That is too funny... we do feel awful as parents sometimes, huh? I love pictures of your kids and hubby, cause you have a cute family, but pictures of you are a real treat because you, my dear, are simply gorgeous!
Post a Comment