
Gavin has been excited about soccer for quite some time now! Since he was maybe two or so he has loved to "practice" kicking the ball with Darren. He's also loved watching Darren's games. So he was so excited to start playing! I had a hard time finding the park (the address was wrong on the paper they gave me!) and so we were late and he fell asleep in the car. When we got there I hurried him out to the field where they had already started. He was nervous and held his soccer ball tight and just stood there for a long time. The coach tried to get him to join in and I could tell he wanted to but was so nervous. The practice was almost over and they were asking Gavin to dribble the ball down and kick it into the net. He squatted down on the grass like he was trying to hide but then slowly stood up and walked towards them. He told them he wanted to use his own ball and then he did it !! He did so well. I knew that he really wanted to do it and that he also felt more comfortable watching. I was so proud to see him push through and participate even though he was nervous. It made me realize (once again) how much he's growing up!

Go Orange Tigers!! I know I'm just a sentimental Mom, but I get emotional just looking at this picture!
No comments:
Post a Comment